Mumbai based Kimberly Clark company has released a job in pharmacology area. The name of post is senior toxicologist. Candidates from pharmacology background may apply for this post. Find the complete details below.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people – nearly a quarter of the world’s population – trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If original thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Job Title: Senior Toxicologist – Ecotoxicology
Location: Mumbai, India
1. Degree in ecotoxicology, toxicology, pharmacology, biomedical or related scientific field of study with prior relevant experience:
Master’s degree with 3+ years of experience, or PhD, MD, DVM with some relevant experience preferred
2. Proficient knowledge of scientific safety, toxicology and ecotoxicology practices, and fate assessment, including in silico and read-across, risk assessment processes, testing strategies, principles and procedures critical to providing assurance of safety for a broad range of products. Expert application of basic scientific skills in a business environment.
3. Proficient knowledge in regulatory toxicology and chemical safety regulations globally, including the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labeling of Chemicals (GHS) standards.
4. Excel at in-depth technical data review, interpretation, and communication of data and have strong attention to detail.
5. Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills with demonstrated proficiency working effectively with technical staff from diverse backgrounds and cultures. Must be an effective communicator in oral and written correspondences as well as presentation formats.
6. Demonstrated ability to collaborate and build strong relationships, work effectively and independently manage multiple tasks in a cross-functional business, academic or professional setting. Strong priority setting and ability to manage multiple competing or shifting business priorities.
7. Ability to communicate fluently (speak, read, write) in English.
1. Knowledge in regulatory guidance and quality management system requirements associated with the development, commercialization and manufacture of consumer, personal care and professional products.
2. Certification by the American Board of Toxicology (DABT) or other equivalent health science or medical professional certification.
3. Demonstrated proficiency working within SAP database environments and Microsoft programs.
1. Document and author ingredient and component hazard assessments that support human health and ecological safety assessments and chemical regulatory compliance of finished products, taking into consideration identified hazards and exposure according to the intended product use. This includes an assessment of scientific literature, evaluation of the toxicological and ecotoxicological database, determination of appropriate toxicological, ecotoxicological and other safety endpoints, read-across, anticipated exposure assessments and written documentation.
2. Manage the design, monitoring and interpretation of chemical characterization analyses, in vitro and in vivo toxicology, ecotoxicology, safety testing, and biocompatibility conducted under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), and when applicable, clinical studies conducted under Good Clinical Practices (GCP).
3. Contribute to and effectively communicate product safety guidance and regulatory safety compliance information, safety point-of-view papers and risk assessments to internal or external technical experts as well as functional and business unit leaders and management.
4. Develop strategy for approach and conduct of comparative hazard and alternatives assessments to identify and prioritize chemical substances for continuous improvement in risk reduction and evaluate of alternatives.
Kimberly-Clark Global Product Safety & Clinical Affairs is seeking a Senior Toxicologist safety professional with experience in ecotoxicology conducts chemical ingredient hazard assessments, environmental fate and safety review of raw materials as well as collaborates on stewardship initiatives for a broad range consumer, personal care, and professional products to help ensure K-C products are safe for their intended use, and comply with all applicable government safety rules, regulations, corporate standards and consumer expectations. This position is located in Mumbai, India.
Responsibilities include determining a strategy for assessment approach and applying safety science principles to develop chemical and ingredient hazard assessments for components used in a broad range of products through review of scientific literature, read-across, ecotoxicity and toxicity safety data and safety testing. The incumbent will be responsible for developing, refining and peer-reviewing toxicologic, ecotoxicological and biocompatibility safety assessments of ingredients and raw materials according to the intended product use. This role requires in-depth toxicological and ecotoxicological endpoint expertise.