Asian Paints Ltd. is looking for B.Sc/M.Sc candidates for the post of production officer.
Asian Paints Limited, is an Indian multinational paint company headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The company is engaged in the business of manufacturing, selling, and distribution of paints, coatings, products related to home decor, bath fittings, and providing related services.
The company has come a long way since its small beginnings in 1942. It was set up as a partnership firm by four friends who were willing to take on the world’s biggest, most famous paint companies operating in India at that time. Over the course of 25 years, Asian Paints became a corporate force, and India’s leading paints company. Driven by its strong consumer-focus and innovative spirit, the company has been the market leader in paints since 1967. Today, it is double the size of any other paint company in India. Asian Paints manufactures a wide range of paints for decorative and industrial use.
Title: Production Officer
Qualification: B.Sc/M.Sc – Organic Chemistry, Chemistry
Experience: 2-5 years
Salary: ₹ 4,50,000 – 5,00,000 P.A.
- Support execution of production as per plan in terms of availability of RM, PM, manpower in coordination with
- different departments within and outside the plant
- Monitor the effective usage of manpower in plants and give inputs for wage calculation based on work efficiency.
- Ensure adherence to Production process as per laid down procedures and instructions
- Ensure Raw Material additions as per the batch requirements
- Carry out required transactions and process records in SAP
- Update Environmental and Quality Records regularly
- Report to Superiors on the progress of the Plan/Production details and other issues within the Section.
- Plan shift activities with respect to manpower, machine, batches, etc.
- Deploy operators in every shift and ensure batch charging/processing as per the planning schedule.
- Ensure all in-process checks are carried as per process guidelines
- Fill up the shift report at the end of the shift and update efficiency records for all the operators in the shift.
- Capture all equipment breakdowns in SAP
- Take daily sectional round.
- Plan for availability of consumables; raise requisition for consumables from stores to monitor the stocks levels in
- Ensure proper shop floor and machine/equipment hygiene.
Business Responsibility Areas
- Generate Batches based on schedules
- Prepare packing material receipts and coordinate with vendors
- Ensure availability of labels, stickers and class markers required for production
- Resolve/escalate issues on a timely basis and ensure that production schedules are followed
- Coordinate with various departments within and outside the plant for availability of RM, PM & manpower
- Plan and execute the production of new products and PTL batches
- Generate and circulate Daily, weekly, FN and monthly reports
- Monitor production of critical products on a periodic basis
- Collate manpower performance data, generate weekly reports, display the same in respective departments.
- Provide inputs to the personal department for monthly payroll of officers
- Update the manpower data of the plant, on an FN basic or as and when transfers/joining/separation happens
- Internal: All departments of the plant, Corporate and Mantech Group, and other people from plants and depots. Audit and finance function.
- External: Vendors, Statutory authority, Consultants. etc
Role Requirements / Specifications
- Qualifications: M.Sc.-Chemistry / Organic Chemistry, B.Sc.-Chemistry
- Previous Experience: Should have at least 2-5 years of Industrial experience of Maintenance/Projects for Paint /Chemical / Pharma / Paper / Steel industries.
- Behavioral Competencies: Good Communication skill
- Additional Requirements: Ability to adapt and learn