Asian Paints Limited is looking for energetic and highly motivated candidates for the following post of Environment, health and safety officer at Noida. Please refer the description to apply.
The company has come a long way since its small beginnings in 1942. It was set up as a partnership firm by four friends who were willing to take on the world’s biggest, most famous paint companies operating in India at that time. Over the course of 25 years, Asian Paints became a corporate force and India’s leading paints company. Driven by its strong consumer-focus and innovative spirit, the company has been the market leader in paints since 1967. Today, it is double the size of any other paint company in India. Asian Paints manufactures a wide range of paints for decorative and industrial use.
Asian Paints is India’s leading paint company with a group turnover of Rs 193.50 billion. The group has an enviable reputation in the corporate world for professionalism, fast track growth, and building shareholder equity. Asian Paints operates in 15 countries and has 26 paint manufacturing facilities in the world servicing consumers in over 60 countries. Besides Asian Paints, the group operates around the world through its subsidiaries Asian Paints Berger, Apco Coatings, SCIB Paints, Taubmans, Causeway Paints and Kadisco Asian Paints. Asian Paints manufactures wide range of paints for Decorative and Industrial use.
Asian Paints also operates through ‘PPG Asian Paints Pvt Ltd’ (50:50 JV between Asian Paints and PPG Inc, USA, one of the largest automotive coatings manufacturer in the world) to service the increasing requirements of the Indian automotive coatings market. The second 50:50 JV with PPG named ‘Asian Paints PPG Pvt Ltd’ services the protective, industrial powder, industrial containers and light industrial coatings markets in India.
Title: Senior Officer (EHS)
Department: Environment, health and safety
Qualification: B.Sc, M.Sc Chemistry
Experience: 1-3 years
Salary: ₹ 8,00,000 – 9,00,000 P.A.
Required Skills: Environment, health and safety
- To operate ETP/STP, waste management & other related facilities in the Paint Manufacturing unit in an efficient and effective manner and to support the plant hierarchy in effective Environment Management.
Business Responsibility Areas
- Operation of ETP/STP, waste management & other related facilities
- Support Manager EHS in ensuring compliance to all identified Legal requirements pertaining to Environment Environmental external & in-house monitoring as per the schedule identified
- Support Manager EHS in achieving EMPs & Sustainability targets
- Support Manager EHS in execution of CSR projects pertaining to Water Conservation & help achieve water neutrality for the organization Support Manager EHS to achieve & maintain 5S in workplace
- Support Manager EHS in maintaining a safe work place Support Manager EHS in timely execution & closure of Environment capital expenditures
Key Performance Indicators
- Uptime of equipments in ETP/STP & associated treatment facilities like MEE, RO, centrifuge etc. and waste management facilities including incinerator, Barrel cleaning yard, Scrap Yard etc.
- Accounting of hazardous waste generated in the plant via ESS system and non-hazardous waste using SAP
- Adherence to environment monitoring (internal & external) schedule.
- Compiling results and timely communication of abnormalities to the management
- Support Manager EHS in ensuring compliance to all identified legal requirements in the EMS manual
- Targets on Zero Effluent Generation, Zero Solid Waste Generation, Specific Water Consumption etc.
- Compliance to EMS manual and system improvement via self-assessment
- Support Manager EHS in realizing the planned spend for CSR – theme water 5S scoring and sustenance.
- Reporting & closure of NMs & UAs/UCs.
- Preparation & timely submission of EHS MIS reports to Manager EHS.