Syngene International Limited is searching for a desirable candidate for the post of “Research Scientist”.
Syngene International Limited
Incorporated in the year 1994, Syngene International is one of India’s premier contract research and manufacturing organizations in providing customized service. Our services encompass all across the discovery chain: early-stage discovery, process development, cGMP manufacturing, and formulation development both in the small molecule and novel biologics area. Based in Bangalore, Karnataka, the Company is situated in a 90 acre Special Economic Zone with over 100000 sq. mt of built-up facilities. The state-of-the-art research facilities have been qualified by various pharmaceutical majors & amp; regulatory agencies and have received various certifications including ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007, GLP, and AAALAC.
Over the past 16 years, Syngene has successfully partnered with leading pharmaceutical companies, large biotech companies, crop protection companies, and cosmetics companies. Syngene together with Bristol-Myers Squibb has set up a dedicated research facility in Bangalore to help advance Bristol-Myers Squibb’s work in discovery and early drug development.
Title: Research Scientist
Department: Analytical Research
Qualification: M.Sc. Chemistry
Experience: 12-15 years relevant experience.
Salary: Not Disclosed
- Project planning and execution.
- Work allocation to the subordinates.
- Lab supervision and personnel training if required.
- Review and approval of the documents (Analytical data, COA, Operating procedures, Calibration, Method development, Method validation, Method transfer, etc.,)
- Ensure that the Analytical service meets the predefined turnaround time.
- Analytical method trouble shootings.
- Coordination with the Discovery chemistry group/Clients for the various analytical requirements such as Purification, Characterization, Qualitative and Quantitative analysis, etc.,
- Organize seminars/training for new development in analytical chemistry.
- Laboratory compliance to the QA and applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Corrective and preventive actions as and where applicable.
- EHSS adherence.
- Recruitment of skilled and experienced analysts for key departments.
- Handling and resolving customer compliance.
- Other activities as defined from time to time assigned by the head of the department.
- Good knowledge in Synthetic Organic Chemistry and excellent experimental skills (success rate of reaction >80%)
- Handling of some specialized technical reactions including hazardous/exothermic/sensitive reactions
- Familiar with operations of relevant apparatus – instrument/equipment.
- Good Knowledge of analytical techniques and analytical data interpretation.
- Good communication skills
- Able to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good team player