Syngene International Limited is searching for a desirable candidate for the post of “Senior Research Scientist / Research Investigator”.
Syngene International Limited
Incorporated in the year 1994, Syngene International is one of India’s premier contract research and manufacturing organizations in providing customized service. Our services encompass all across the discovery chain: early-stage discovery, process development, cGMP manufacturing, and formulation development both in the small molecule and novel biologics area. Based in Bangalore, Karnataka, the Company is situated in a 90 acre Special Economic Zone with over 100000 sq. mt of built-up facilities. The state-of-the-art research facilities have been qualified by various pharmaceutical majors & amp; regulatory agencies and have received various certifications including ISO 9001: 2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007, GLP, and AAALAC.
Over the past 16 years, Syngene has successfully partnered with leading pharmaceutical companies, large biotech companies, crop protection companies, and cosmetics companies. Syngene together with Bristol-Myers Squibb has set up a dedicated research facility in Bangalore to help advance Bristol-Myers Squibb’s work in discovery and early drug development.
Title: Senior Research Scientist/Research Investigator
Department: Discovery Attributed Science, SARC
- Ph.D. (in Analytical Chemistry / Organic Chemistry);
- 2 to 6 years (after Ph.D.)
- 14 to 18 years (after M.Sc.)
Salary: Not Disclosed
Skills: GC-MS, NMR, Analytical Chemistry, Purification, Analytical Method Development, Research, Analytical Instruments, HPLC, LCMS, Organic Chemistry
- To handle the prep Supercritical Fluid Chromatography (SFC) instruments and manage the SFC purifications. Lead the preparative purification team
- Performing the analysis (SFC, LCMS, NMR, and prep HPLC/ SFC) and its documentation as per the procedure.
- Review and approval of analytical data and communication of the same with client
- Adherence to all operating procedures and other laboratory practices including corrective and preventive actions and calibrations as and where applicable
- Effective communication with Discovery Chemistry Analytical R&D group leaders and Discovery chemistry team to resolve the issues.
- Giving technical inputs and coordinating with the document team personnel for the preparation of documents. Maintenance of the Auditable documents & product traceability.
- Lead the purification team and take care of subordinate development.
- Possess the knowledge and exposure to the environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
- Ensure environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures are imparted via training and adhered within the team
- Should be familiar with analytical method development using SFC, LCMS, and Preparative HPLC/ SFC
- Hands-on experience on SFC separation and characterization of impurities
- Hands-on experience with analytical instruments such as SFC, LCMS, NMR, and GCMS
- Theoretical knowledge in various analytical techniques and skills in analytical data interpretation
- Able to guide and supervise the purification team effectively
- Coordinate with internal & external stakeholders and accomplish the project deliverables
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good Team player