Biocon Limited is looking for chemistry/pharma candidates for the following job opening.
Biocon Limited is a globally recognized, innovation-led organization that is enabling access to high quality, advanced therapies for diseases that are chronic, where medical needs are largely unmet and treatment costs are high.
We are driven by the belief that the pharmaceutical industry has a humanitarian responsibility to provide essential drugs to patients who are in need and to do so with the power of innovation. In line with this belief, Biocon has developed and commercialized a differentiated portfolio of novel biologics, biosimilars, and complex small molecule APIs in India and several key global markets, as well as, generic formulations in the U.S. and Europe. We are a leading global player for biosimilars and APIs for statins, immunosuppressants, and other specialty molecules, with customers in over 120 countries.
Title: Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist – Peptide Synthesis API R&D
Department: API R&D
Qualification: M.Pharma in Pharmacy, MS/M.Sc. (Science) in Chemistry
Experience: 3 – 8 years
Salary: Not Disclosed
- The candidate will be responsible for peptide synthesis by solution or solid-phase approaches
- Feasibility, rout scouting, optimization (with DOE/QbD approach), modifications including multiple disulfide bridge formation, and process development of peptide derived APIs
- Should be able to scaleup and bring robustness to the developed process
- Writing lab journals, preparing technical documents
- The candidate should be a go-getter and a good team player
- Analytical and spectroscopic characterization of peptides
Technical / Functional Skills
- Peptide synthesis by solid as well as solution phase strategy, isolation, purification
- Knowledge of branching, cyclization
- C- and N-terminal modifications, peptide conjugations
- Impurity profiling, synthesis, isolation
- Spectroscopic characterization