PI Industries Limited is looking for enthusiastic candidates for the post of Research Scientist. The job location in Udaipur.
Founded in 1946, we work with a unique business model across the Agchem value chain from R&D to distribution providing innovative solutions by partnering with the best.
Known for our technological capabilities in Chemistry/ Engineering related services and on the other hand, have built leading brands over the last 72 years and connected with more than 84,000 retail points pan India.
Position Title: Research Scientist – Knowledge Management
Department: Knowledge Management
Qualification: M.Sc./PhD in Chemistry (Organic)
- Post-doctoral research experience in a reputed university is desirable
- Post-academic-industrial research experience of >2 years in new a.i. discovery in pharma and/or crop protection OR
- Post academic experience of >2 years in the area of IP in pharma and/or crop protection
- Substantial number of high-quality research publications and/or patents
- Experimental skills and expert knowledge concerning synthesis, analysis, and characterization of organic molecules related areas appreciated
- Knowledge and practical experience concerning patent analysis (FTO, novelty)
The role holder is responsible for contributing to the discovery and pre-development of innovative solutions in agrochemistry, namely new a.i.s for crop protection adding significant value to the business of PI. The role will to carry out literature/patent search, FTO analysis, and other KM services in accordance with the project timelines and objectives. The role holder will plan and propose to Group Leader – KM all input, equipment, and other requirements for approval and procurement to ensure efficient conduct of project activities and contribute to generating IP and ensuring it’s protection
- Efficient contribution to the overall success of CreAgro by driving innovation and team performance according to objectives and targets being set by the Director of Knowledge Management
- Generating and ensuring the security of intellectual property for CreAgro (filing of patent applications, building and defending the PI patent portfolio, ensuring novelty and freedom-to-operate)
- Promoting knowledge sharing through the organization, strengthening links between KM and CreAgro chemistry/biology teams
- Foster collaboration with customers and external partners
- Continuously build knowledge on the area of agro-chemistry and KM specific expertise, through active learning, education, advanced trainings, and seminars
- Support GL – KM with special focus on target setting, development of strengths, building of know-how, feedback, and coaching
- Keep self and team updated on the state of the art in IP management and KM specific tools
- Carrying KM services like FTO analysis and opinion, novelty search, literature supply, and others with appropriate documentation and distribution of results
- Support competitor intelligence activities
- Develop and foster positive relationships with other teams and support groups such as chemistry/biology to maximize knowledge sharing and cooperation
- Comply with all the safety requirements as per the requirement of the role
- Leading knowledge transfer through presentations, training materials, tips, and best practices for collaboration, so as to continually improve the performance of the group
- Contribute to budget proposals
- Contributes to budgetary controls within the area of responsibility
- Act as a committed ambassador of PI Brand
- Actively imbibing the values and philosophy of PI Industries Ltd.
- Ensure smooth working by maintaining a high level of morale and working ethics
- Technical Knowledge
- Data Analysis