Syngenta has announced a job vacancy for M.Sc. Chemistry candidates for the position of junior chemist. Check the below description to apply.
Syngenta is an Agricultural chemical company. The Syngenta Group is a leading global provider of agricultural science and technology, in particular seeds and crop protection products, with its headquarters in Basel and further locations in Chicago, Tel Aviv, and Shanghai. Syngenta was founded in 2000 and acquired by China National Chemical Corporation in 2015.
Position Title: Junior Chemist – Organic Chemistry
Qualification: M.Sc. Organic chemistry
Work Experience: 2-4 years
Work Location: IND-Goa-Ilhas
• Preparation of reference materials and metabolites thru existing /new routes
• Optimize synthetic routes to viable economic processes
• Good experimental skills with an appetite for learning and updating the latest developments in synthetic Organic chemistry
• Adopt simple qualitative/quantitative analytical methods
- Plan and carry out assigned synthesis of reference materials and metabolite.
- Able to conduct complex experimental work safely.
- Always ensure safe laboratory practices and fine-tune the chemistry and process into an economically viable process.
- Ability to work coherently on the assigned experiments and meets timelines.
- Plan and carry out, as necessary, process optimization of assigned individual reaction steps to allow successful scale-up and manufacturing.
- To receive preliminary analytical methods from R&T and optimize the same to fully developed ready to use in-process analysis.
- Carefully documents the experiments in the electronic notebook (ELN) or in summary tables. Reference material and metabolite procedures are documented in SmartDoc
- Efficiently conducts experiments using established test methods to produce high-quality data and results with limited repeat testing.
- Continually seek to improve knowledge of experimental chemistry and process development.
Critical success factors & key challenges
- Able to demonstrate personal commitment to the team
- Value and use individual differences and talents
- Work tenaciously to deliver agreed goals
- Should be self-discipline to achieve results
- Is able to work on different projects in parallel
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
•M. Sc. Organic chemistry from a reputed university/school with 2-4 years of industrial experience. Experience in process chemistry/agrochemical industry is desirable
• Good experimental skills with apatite for learning and updating the latest developments in synthetic organic chemistry.
• Is capable to work with chemical safety and with a high hygiene standard
• Good understanding of physical separation operations in the lab (distillation, crystallization, extraction, etc.) and analytical methods like GC, HPLC, NMR, etc.
• Able to plan and organize synthetic chemistry work on a small to medium scale to achieve a high level of productivity and to meet important deadlines.
• Should have good understanding of analytical equipments and in-process analysis including practical knowledge of chromatographic and spectroscopic methods (GC, HPLC, NMR, IR, MS)
• Experience with the use of hard-copy and computer-based chemical information storage and retrieval systems
• Team player and flexible to meet targets of individual and team.
Critical professional and personal capabilities
• Understand the principles of organic chemistry and standard transformations
• Good foundation in industrial chemistry and reaction technologies
• Ensure own laboratory work recorded and reported to agreed Syngenta standards
• Provide timely communications and feedback to stakeholders