Applications are invited to attend an Online Interview for the position of Senior Research Fellow (SRFs) on 28th January 2021 at 10:00 AM under the SAC-ISRO Funded Project entitled “Early warning for yields and pests in crops on spatial scale for their integrated management” at Agricultural Knowledge Management Unit, ICAR- Indian Agricultural Research Institute (ICAR-IARI), Pusa, New Delhi -110012.
The journey of the Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), popularly known as Pusa Institute, began in 1905 at Pusa (Bihar) with the generous grant of 30,000 pounds from an American philanthropist, Mr. Henry Phipps. The present campus of the Institute is a self-contained sylvan complex spread over an area of about 500 hectares (approx. 1250 acres) and located about 8 km (5 miles) west of New Delhi Railway Station and about 16 km (10 miles) east of IGI Airport (Palam). The location stands at 28.08 0N and 77.12 0E, the height above mean sea level being 228.61 meters (750 feet). It is adjacent to hillside road.
Currently, the Institute has 20 divisions 5 multi-disciplinary Centres situated in Delhi, 8 regional stations, 2 off-season nurseries, 3 All India coordinated research projects with headquarters at IARI, and 10 national Centres functioning under all India coordinated research projects. It has a sanctioned staff strength of 3540 comprising scientific, technical, administrative, and supporting personnel. For more details about the organization visit here.
The appointment will be on a purely temporary basis up to 31.03.2021 (maybe extended till Dec. 2021) or till the termination of the project whichever is earlier and the incumbent shall not have any claim for regular appointment under ICAR.
Due to the COVID-19 crisis, the eligible candidates are requested to send their application in the enclosed Performa along with a self-attested scanned copy of the documents through email email@example.com by 25th January 2021. After screening the applications, the eligible candidates will be called by email/phone for the online interview which is fixed for 28th January 2021 from 10:00 AM onwards.
Original documents will be verified at the time of appointment. If any candidate is found to have submitted false claims at a later stage, their candidature will be summarily rejected. The details for the project, duration, education qualification, etc. are given below:
Terms and Conditions
- Candidates fulfilling the essential qualifications only need to attend the online Interview.
- Age limit: Maximum age is 35 years for SRF (age relaxation of five years for SC/ST & women and three years for OBC)
- The above positions will be filled up on contractual basis for the period of the project.
- The above position will be filled on a contractual basis up to 31st March 2021 (maybe extended till Dec. 2021) or co-terminus with the project, whichever is earlier. The renewal of the yearly contract is subjected to the satisfactory performance of the candidate.
- Online interviews of the eligible candidates would be held at the Agricultural Knowledge Management Unit (AKMU), LBS Building, ICAR-IARI, Pusa, New Delhi on 28th January 2021 at 10:00 AM.
- Candidates appearing for interview should bring Original Documents of age proof, educational qualifications (from 12th class onwards), and documents in support of additional qualifications/experience along with a set of self-attested Xerox copies along with the required Bio-data in the format given below (affix passport-sized photograph).
- No TA/ DA will be paid for attending the interview.
- The selected candidate shall have to undergo a medical examination at the IARI dispensary.
- The selected candidate shall have no claim for regular appointment(s) at IARI / ICAR as their engagements are contractual and co-terminus with the project.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to cancellation of candidature.
- The decision of Director/Joint Director, IARI, New Delhi would be final and binding on all aspects.
For a detailed advertisement and application form click here.