M.Sc Chemistry jobs at Syngenta. M.Sc Chemistry candidates may apply for the post of Junior Chemist. Check out complete details below on the same page.
Job Title: Junior Chemist- Analytics
To manage the R&T Analytical Lab and deliver hands-on service to the R&T Kilo and Synthesis Chemistry labs and T&P Analytics at R&T, Goa.
- Implement SOP’s for the operation, calibration, maintenance, and upgrading of all the
- Analytical Instruments and supporting infrastructure at the Goa R&T Lab.
- Work to attain laid-down service quality standards for the Analytical Lab at Goa R&T which would enable the Goa R&T to achieve optimum operational efficiency.
- Implement SOP for the storage of analytical standards and reference samples at Goa under required conditions and maintain a database that is shared with the Syngenta R&D sites across the globe.
- Help manage AMC’s for the analytical instruments and equipment by personally overseeing the visits and work of service engineers from vendor establishments.
- Help implement computer systems as well as hardware and software identified to support Analytical Services including data sharing with other Syngenta R&T Sites.
- Implement an efficient and user-friendly reporting system for analytical results making continual improvements as and when appropriate.
- Propose up-grades in Instrumentation, methodologies, and practices to Team Leader-Analytical Services.
- Participate actively in planning meetings to ensure that the scientists receive all analytical inputs to meet their kilo lab operation and synthetic project plans
- Keep all Analytical systems in audit-ready state and support Team Leader-Analytical Services during Audits.
- Maintain and control the inventory of spares and reagent chemicals at desired levels to ensure that there is no shortage of the input material.
- Conduct such training specifically to the scientists to help them achieve self-reliance in operating analytical instruments
Qualifications: M.Sc in Organic / Analytical / Physical Chemistry / M.Sc Chemistry
- Excellent hands-on skills with analytical instruments.
- Teamwork and networking skills
- Problem-solving ability.
- Data management skills.
- Information gathering and analysis
- High level of customer focus
Minimum 1 / 2 years (for M.Sc) experience in a state-of-the-art Analytical Services Facility.
Hands-on experience of operating analytical instruments like HPLC, GC, LC-MS, and GC-MS.
Experience in analytical method development.