PhD Chemistry Admissions Summer 2021. NISER Bhubaneswar invites applications for admission to PhD Chemistry program.
Notice for Admission to PhD Chemistry Program: 2021-22 (Summer Session) Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to the PhD Chemistry program scheduled to commence from August 2021 in the following schools of NISER, Bhubaneswar. Check out all the details on the same page below.
School of Chemical Sciences (SCS)
60% or equivalent GPA in Masters in Chemistry or allied Chemistry fields. A student with a Master’s degree in any branches of Basic Sciences with an undergraduate degree in Chemistry (or chemistry as one of the subjects) or M.Tech in applied Chemistry or Computer Sciences with interest in pursuing a career in Chemistry are also encouraged to apply
Requirement of Qualifying in National Level Examinations for pursuing PhD program
School of Chemical Sciences -Candidates should have qualified at least one of these National Level Examinations i.e. CSIR-UGC NET (LS or JRF) /GATE valid for the academic year August 2021- July 2022.
(a)The cut off marks for national examination such as GATE /JEST /GPAT /NBHM /JGEEBILS /CSIR-UGC-NET etc will be further decided by each School for the relevant subject area.
(b) As per HBNI Ordinance, student having INSPIRE Fellowship Doctoral Fellowship ONLY, without qualifying any other national level written examination will not be considered for admission to Ph.D program in NISER.
(c) Candidates with GPA in qualifying degree may need to produce the conversion not (in case it is not mentioned in their mark sheet) from their institution towards calculation
1. The institute fellowship given by NISER is Rs. 31,000/- for the first two years, which will subsequently be enhanced to Rs. 35,000/- for the remaining three years, subject to the
condition that he/she fulfills all the requirements of the Institute that will be stipulated from time to time.
2. Students with an external fellowship from agencies viz. CSIR, UGC etc will be eligible to draw fellowship as per the extant rules of the respective funding agencies.
- The selection committee of the respective schools will short-list the candidates among those who meet the minimum educational qualifications and satisfy additional criteria which each school may set as deemed necessary.
- The short-listed candidates will be called for an interview, supplemented by a written
test, if necessary, for admission.
- Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection
process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
- All candidates called for the Test / Interview will be paid to and fro single, second sleeper class railway fare by the shortest route from their place of residence to the Institute. They have to produce evidence (railway ticket) in support of their claim.
How to Apply
- The application form has to be filled up online at http://www.niser.ac.in and
candidates should follow the stepwise instructions mentioned to complete the application submission process. At the time of application, along with this online form, the
candidate should upload soft copy of the supporting documents as per the eligibility
- Candidates intending to apply for more than one school should fill up separate online
application forms for each school with appropriate supporting documents.
- Two sealed letters of reference in the prescribed format with the signature of the referee
on the envelope should be produced by the student at the time of the interview. A copy
of the reference letter is available online.
- NISER does not demand any application fee from the candidates who apply for Ph.D
- Online application portal will be activated on – 30.03.2021
- Last date for filling up online application – 01.05.2021
- Short-listed candidates list will be uploaded on NISER website – 10.05.2021
- (The short-listed candidates list for School of Mathematical Sciences will be uploaded on 10.6.2021)
School of Chemical Sciences: 7th to 10th June 2021