Ph.D. Chemistry Admissions 2021 – IISER Kolkata. Check out the complete details below.
Ph.D. Chemistry Admission Autumn Semester 2021 (DCS) Announced – IISER Kolkata
Department of Chemical Sciences (DCS) at IISER Kolkata invites applications for a regular Ph.D. program in the Autumn semester, 2021 in the disciplines of inorganic, organic, physical, and theoretical chemistry.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
Bright and motivated candidates who have passed the M.Sc. examination with a minimum of 55% marks in any field of Chemistry or Physics. Besides satisfying minimal eligibility criteria, the candidates must have CSIR/UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship, or other equivalent fellowships.
* Candidates with INSPIRE fellowship should have a provisional certificate at the time of application.
- Please note that fulfilling the minimum essential criteria does not ensure that a candidate will be called for the interview. The department might set additional shortlisting criteria based on academic records, experience, and research interests of the candidates. Candidates without the CSIR/UGC-NET JRF, INSPIRE fellowship, or other equivalent fellowships will not be shortlisted or called for interview.
- Reservations for SC/ST/OBC candidates are applicable as per Government of India rules.
Specific research area:
Dr. Parna Gupta, Our research focuses on the rational synthesis of multimetallic phosphorescent cyclometalated iridium(III) and platinum(II) complexes for various applications including,
(A) organelle-specific cellular imaging and photodynamic therapy;
(B) use as sensing materials within the cellular environment.
Select “Ph.D. in Chemical Sciences (Autumn 2021)” in the “Applying for” drop-down menu at the time of filling the online application form
How to apply:
1. Please have your picture (soft copy, preferably in JPG or PNG format) ready.
2. Please read the department-wise eligibility criteria carefully.
3. The applicants should open the link (http://apply.iiserkol.ac.in/application) and properly fill the application form as instructed. The form can be opened and edited/corrected until the last date.
4. You must complete your application, the incomplete application will be rejected.
5. Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take the printout after you finish and bring the signed copy at the time of interview if you are shortlisted.
6. Download the Recommendation Letter, bring this document at the time of the interview. The recommendation should be in a sealed envelop.
- Selected candidates for test/interview should bring a hard copy of the application along with the required documents listed below at the time of test/interview:
- Attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of all examinations starting from high school leaving certificate, two letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes), photo identity, and proof of age.
- A list of shortlisted candidates (based on merit, subject specialization, and required research area) for an interview will be published on the IISER-Kolkata website.
- The Institute will not provide any TA/DA or accommodation for attending the interview.
- The selected candidates will receive the offer letter containing also the last date for joining shortly after the interview.
Course Work and Laboratory rotation:
The Research fellows may have to do course work and laboratory rotations during the first semester depending on which Department they join. The course content will be decided by the Department concerned for each student according to his / her need.
For any additional query email us at:
Dept. of Chemical Sciences – dcs.phd.application
- Application Portal opens: 15 March 2021
- Application Portal closes: 15 April 2021
- Publication of the list for interview: 26 April 2021
- Interview Window: 20 May 2021 to 31 May 2021
- Publication of the list of selected candidates: 21 June 2021