Assistant professor job at NIPER Kolkata. Check out complete details below
NIPER Kolkata Assistant Professor National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Kolkata is an Institute of National Importance established by an Act of Parliament 2007 under the aegis of Department of Pharmaceuticals, Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers, Government of India. Online Applications are invited from the eligible and suitable Indian Nationals for the Teaching and Non-Teaching posts on a direct recruitment /deputation basis through open competition on all India basis.
Post Code: T-04
Job Title: Assistant Professor
Level-12 /7th CPC
No.of posts: 01
Method of Recruitment: EWS Direct Recruitment/ Deputation
PhD with first class or equivalent at the preceding degree (M.Sc /M.Pharm /M.S(Pharm) /M.Tech) in Pharmaceutical Technology, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology/ Bioengineering/ Biomedical engineering or another relevant subject with a very good academic record throughout and at least 5 years of Teaching / Research / Industrial experience with published works of high quality
Candidates should have experience in Biomechanics, Biomedical Engineering, Biomedical Devices and/or Bioelectronics. Expertise in developing and testing of
Bio medical devices in class 2 and class 3 category will be an added advantage. Patent filed/granted in the area of biomedical devices will be preferred. Candidates who have experience in the transfer of technology or commercialization of their products will be preferred.
Preference will be given to the candidates who have demonstrated adequate experience in Independent research in terms of guidance of Master students, execution of sponsored/EMR projects and with publications in SCI journals
Faculty members from Central / State Universities or Government Institutions of Higher Education holding analogous post on regular basis or with 3 (three) years of
regular service in the lower scale if any for the Assistant Professor
Age Limit: Not exceeding 40 years
3 years prior to superannuation of the parent organization
1. Candidates of only Indian Nationality can apply for these posts.
2. Candidates should read carefully the requisite essential qualifications, age, experience criteria, etc., laid down in the advertisement before applying for the relevant post. Since all the applications will be screened on the basis of data submitted by the candidate in the “Online Application form”, the candidates must satisfy themselves of the suitability for the position to which they are applying. If at any stage during the recruitment and selection process , it is found that candidates have furnished false or wrong information, their candidature will be rejected.
3. Application once submitted cannot be altered/ resubmitted, under any circumstances. Further, no request with respect to making changes in any data/ particulars entered by the candidate in the Online Application will not be entertained, once the application is submitted successfully. Therefore, please keep all data /details ready before you start filling up the Application Online.
4. Candidates may apply on the prescribed application form online from the NIPER-K Website. They can apply for more than one post and more than one category provided, they fulfill the eligibility criteria. In such a case, the candidate has to apply for each post and category and Pay the Application Fee separately. However, based on the number of candidates applying for different posts, the institute reserves the right to hold a written test and/or Interview for the various posts together or separately on a single or multiple day across various sessions as per the suitability of the institute.
5. Incomplete online application or Hard copy of the application or those without relevant supporting documents (self-attested copies of Date of birth /Degrees /Certificates /Mark sheets/Experience Certificates /documents, etc.) will be rejected.
6. Mere fulfillment of minimum qualifications and experience does not entitle any candidate to receive a call letter.
7. The applicants serving in Govt. /Semi-Govt./PSUs/Autonomous organization must send their hard copy of the application (in the prescribed format) along with the relevant documents “Through Proper Channel”. Such candidates are required to send advance copies of their applications before the due date but their candidature shall only be considered if their applications are received through proper channel within 15 days of the closing date of receipt of hard copy of applications.
8. Selection Committee reserves the right to recommend higher initial pay and position to exceptionally qualified, experienced, and deserving selected candidates as per Govt. of India rules.
9. Protection of pay will be given as per Govt. rules.
10. Skype interviews can be arranged for overseas candidates.
11. No TA/DA and accommodation shall be provided for attending the written test/skill test/interview.
12. The maximum age limit and eligibility conditions shall be reckoned for all the posts (Teaching and Non-Teaching) as on the last date for submission of online applications i.e., on 11/06/2021 and the experience for Teaching post will be considered from the date of completion of Master Degree to the last date of online application, i.e., 11/06/2021 by excluding the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D. (copies of documents for date of registration and date of completion of Ph.D. must be enclosed, In case if the candidate is unable to submit the proof for date of registration, post Ph.D. experience will only be considered).
13. Appointments under Direct Recruitment are regular in nature with a probation period of 1 (One) year for the posts T-01 to T-04 and 2 (Two) years for the posts NT-01 to NT-05 and the same shall be confirmed depending upon the satisfactory performance of the incumbent. 13a. Applicants under deputation will be considered for permanent absorption on completion of the deputation period as per rules subject to satisfactory service.
14. An Application Fee of Rs.1000/-(Rupees one thousand only) for both Teaching and Group-A officers (from Pay level 10 and above), Rs 500/- for other non-teaching posts has to be paid through NEFT/IMPS/bank transfer to the following accounts
Name of the Bank – Canara Bank
Branch – Saltlake City Branch
Account Number – 0980101024740
IFSC – CNRB0002549
The payment details have to be entered in the online application.
The fee once paid will not be refunded or re-adjusted under any circumstances. No fee is required for SC/ST, PwD category of the candidate. Candidate during the submission of the online application, a PDF will be generated with the completed form.
14. Application fees not necessary for applying on deputation.
15. For the posts of T-01 to T-04, the mode of recruitment is by either Direct Recruitment or on a Deputation basis and for the posts NT-01 to NT-05, the mode of recruitment is only on Direct Recruitment.
Mode of Selection:
The selection process for Teaching posts consists of two phases
(a) Seminar Presentation
(b) Interview. The shortlisted candidates will be invited to give a seminar presentation before a duly constituted Committee. Only the candidates recommended by the Committee based on their performance in the seminar presentation shall attend the Interview before the Selection Panel. Candidates are advised to visit the Website
https://niperkolkata.edu.in regularly. No separate call letter will be sent. Email communication will only be sent. For non-Teaching posts, the selection process is based on the performance in the Interview before the duly constituted committee for the posts NT-01 to NT-02 and for the post-NT -04 is based on entrance skill test (Skill test will be conducted for proficiency in Typing in English, minimum 40 w.p.m), Candidates selected in the skill test will be called for a personal interview. For the posts from NT-03 and NT-05, the selection will be on the basis of a written test followed by a personal interview for the shortlisted candidates based on merit.
Only shortlisted candidates called for interview / written test/skill test. The Director / Screening Committee reserves the right to shortlist the candidates on the basis of educational qualification/experience/papers published.
(a) The candidates are required to apply ONLINE only from 10:00 AM on 12.05.2021 to 11.06.2021 up to 06.00 PM.
(b) For submission of application through ONLINE MODE, please visit: https://niperkolkata.edu.in
(c) The printout of the ONLINE completed and duly signed and photograph pasted application and all relevant educational and experience certificates duly self-attested must reach the Institute on or before 16.06.2021 up to 04.00 PM by Registered/Speed Post/Courier. The envelope, containing the complete application, should be super-scribed as
“Application for the post of————— ” and must be sent to The Registrar I/C,
NIPER-Kolkata, Chunilal Bhawan,
168 Maniktala Main Road,
Near Maniktala Bus Depot,
Kolkata 700054, West Bengal.
(d) The Applications will also be accepted in person from 11 AM to 4 PM on all working days up to 16.06.2021