Integrated PhD Chemistry Admissions – IISER Tirupati. Check out complete details below.
IISER Tirupati Integrated PhD Program Announced – August 2021
The Integrated PhD (I-PhD) program at IISER Tirupati is for highly motivated students, who wish to pursue a career in research. Students with an excellent academic record can apply for the I-PhD program upon completion of a Bachelor’s degree in any branch of science. The course combines curricula for Masters and Doctorate degrees into a single integrated program with a blend of course work and research project.
IISER Tirupati offers modern research laboratories and computational facilities as well as hostel facilities for students. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in a broad range of seminars, meetings, and workshops, giving them a chance to interact with researchers and experts from other research organizations within the country and abroad.
Overview of the I-PhD program
IISER Tirupati offers Integrated PhD (I-PhD) as a research program with a blend of course work and research. On successful completion of the doctoral research project, students are awarded a Master of Science degree and a PhD degree. The first three semesters of the program consist of core courses, elective courses, and advanced courses specializing in one subject and is combined with project /research work. On successful completion of the course work, related project/research work, and a comprehensive examination, the student continues with the research leading to a PhD.
The I-PhD program is offered in the disciplines of Biological, Chemical, Mathematical and Physical Sciences for the August 2021 session.
Students with minimum 60% marks in aggregate (overall percentage with all subjects) or CGPA 6.5 on a 10-point scale in B. Sc. (General / B.Sc majoring in Chemistry, Mathematics, Physics & Biology), Engineering (BE/BTech) or any equivalent degree.
General Information to the Applicants:
- The candidate MUST have qualified at least ONE of the above-mentioned essential criteria in the relevant discipline.
- The scores/ranks must be valid at least at the time of joining the program. For candidates belonging to SC/ST, PWD, and KM category, the percentage of marks may be relaxed by 5% or 0.5 in the case of CGPA.
- Candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply. However, their final selection is subject to their successful completion of the qualifying degree with the above-mentioned eligibility requirements at the time of admission. A provisional degree certificate is mandatory at the time of admission.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only online applications will be accepted. Applicants can submit their forms for the respective departments using the following links:
Application Form: https://form.jotform.com/210914648837464
The shortlisted candidates will be called for an online interview and the final selection will be based on the interview performance. The respective departments may use additional criteria (based on academic performance and/or performance in the national level tests) in order to shortlist candidates for interviews.
Reservation in admission:
Reservation norms for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) Non-Creamy Layer/ Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Persons with Disability (PWD) will be in accordance with Government of India rules.
Financial assistance will be provided by the institute to the selected candidates.
All communication with candidates will be only through emails. Kindly check this website for periodic updates.
- Opening date of Online Application: April 23, 2021
- Closing date of Online Application: May 23, 2021
- Announcement of Shortlisted Candidates for the Interview: June 1 – 10, 2021 (Tentative)
- Interview of Shortlisted Candidates: June 11 – 25, 2021 (Tentative)
- Announcement of Interview Results: June 26 – July 5, 2021 (Tentative)
- Joining in I-PhD Program: August 2, 2021 (Tentative)